Prof. Kennedy is a thought leader in neuroscience and organizational wellbeing. He is also an Online Executive Coach helping clients perform at peak. His career was interrupted by a coma but years later he completed a doctorate in neuroscience at a Swiss University.
He also did a TED talk in 2014 and then presented at the Institute of Coaching, Harvard Medical School. Dr. Marshall Goldsmith wrote the forward to his book "Brain Reboot - A Change of Mind Will Change Your Brain" (2019).
Today Dr. Kennedy is a professor at Business Schools and Universities. His research into ‘organizational wellbeing neuroscience’ is part of a SAGE textbook (2020). Dr. Kennedy holds a clinical healthcare license and several coaching accreditations.
His coaching is practical and offers brain-based tools that are simple for anyone to apply. His coaching, supervision, team coaching and keynote presentations are relevant, engaging and memorable, with testimonials from Toyota, Brinks, Shell and many others.
Prof. Kennedy focusses on showing his audience practical ways to control their brain to perform at peak and even increase IQ and memory. He explains how to simply control symptoms of stress, and how to find happiness easily and effortlessly. He makes neuroscience understandable for everyone in an entertaining and memorable way.
2018 Visiting Professor Canadian University
2017 Visiting Professor Canterbury University, UK
Prof. Justin James Kennedy FZE
Executive Coaching, Keynote Speaker - Dubai, UAE
Research Professor at the University of Pretoria’s Department of Neuroscience - Pretoria, SA
Dean: Professor of Organisational Behaviour - UGSM
Monarch Business School - Switzerland
2012 - 2015
Sherpa Coaching - Ohio, USA
CEO Sherpa Coaching in South Africa
2012 - 2013
Head of Institute of the Free State's Business School Bloemfontein -South Africa
2011 - 2012
Doctorate of Professional Studies (D.Prof), UGSM Monarch Business School - Switzerland
2008 - 2012
Head of Institute: Personal Excellence & Senior Lecturer, Business School of The Free State - South Africa
2003 - 2008
Visiting Academic at SA College of Applied Psychology, University of Cape Town - South Africa
2000 - 2003
Senior Leadership and Change Management Researcher/Consultant Dublin - Ireland
1999 - 2000
Year of Coma and Recovery
Internal HR Consultant, Shell Oil - South Africa
Selected Peer Reviewed Publications
Du Toit, P., Kennedy, J. J.Wood, P., Grant, C. C., Nortje, E., Kleynhans, M., Fletcher, L., Krüger, P.E., Joubert, A. M., , Ferreira, R., Van Schoor, A., Joubert, F., Gericke, G., (2013) :
A comparison between the cardio-stress indices of an active and a sedentary population. Suid-Afrikaanse Tydskrif vir Natuurwetenskap en Tegnologie/South African Journal of Science and Technology 32(1).
· Kennedy, J.J. (2013) Teenager Exam Performance Anxiety: an application to improve working memory and problem solving skills; results from school studies. Journal of Neurotherapy (77).
· Kennedy, J.J. (2011) Application of Heart Rate Variation Protocols to Improve Leadership: Executive Working Memory Stress. Results from Corporate Studies. NeuroLeadership (4) 17.
· Kennedy, J. J., Pretorius, Miranda (2008) Integrating a Portable Biofeedback Device into Call Centre Environments to Reduce Employee Stress: Results from Two Pilot Studies. Journal of Workplace Behavioral Health 23(3), pp.295-307.
· Kennedy, J.J. (2007) Neurocardiac and Neuro-biofeedback Measurement of Financial Executive Performance. Neuroleadership Journal (4) 17
* Multiple IP protected studies funded by corporations were not possible to publish as the companies see these outcomes as a competitive advantage I their industries.